Join me live online for an intimate series of presentations about Sardinian handwoven textiles, the women who maintain nearly-lost weaving traditions, and more!
In this free series, I’ll be sharing my stories, videos, and photos of the women weavers and their distinctive textiles; showing weavings from my own collection; discussing the history and revival of Sardinian handweaving; providing a historical and cultural overview of Sardinia; giving you a photographic tour of the island; answering your questions; and more!
This series starts Saturday January 23, 2021. See the full schedule below.
If you have missed earlier sessions, you can still come to later sessions!
Please register to attend the free sessions.
I look forward to seeing you online!
~ Kelly Manjula Koza, Sardinian Arts’ Founder
PS — Before the events, I very much suggest that you watch I Want to Weave the Weft of Time, my free 30 minute documentary on handweaving in Sardina. You can also find the video directly by going to WeaveWeftofTime.com.
Saturdays at 11am Pacific / Noon Mountain / 1pm Central / 2pm Eastern. Each session will last 60-90 minutes.
- January 23 — Introduction, Background, and Film Highlights with Commentary
- January 30 — Weaving in Samugheo
- February 6 — Weaving in Nule
- February 13 — Weaving in Aggius
- February 20 — Converging Threads: The Importance of the Handmade, How Weaving Came to Sardinia, the Resurrection, and More
Please note the dates below have been corrected!
- February 27 — Sardinian History, Culture, and Arts Beyond Weaving
- March 6 — Sardinian Tour: Photos and Stories Around the Island
- March 13 — Questions, Answers, Open House